Blog Post by: Dianne
We started off our CDO-BUKIDNON-CAMIGUIN trip through White Water Rafting and conquering the Rapids. It is indeed a one hell adventure! It has breath-taking rapids that provide the more adventurous with thrills and challenges of rapids. Cagayan de Oro River has everything that makes for a memorable experience with awesome roar of water cascading over rocks and boulders.
There are various operators that you can contact in CDO. Please refer to the below links.
- Kagay Whitewater Rafting – http://www.kagaycagayandeororafting.com/
Corrales Avenue, Corner Rivera St., Cagayan de Oro City
Mobile: 0917-712-2442, 0922-388-6200
Phone: (088) 310-4402, (088) 852-1021
- Bugsay Whitewater Rafting – http://bugsayrafting.com/
San Agustin – Velez St, Cagayan de Oro City
Phone: (088) 309-1991
- Great White Water Rafting – http://www.riverraftingcdo.com/
Phone: (088) 851-7856
- Eco Extreme Rafting Adventure- http://www.extremeraftingphilippines.com/
- Golden Friendship White Water Rafting- http://goldenfriendshipwhitewaterrafting.com/index.html
Mobile: 0919-492-4488 0923-357-3450
- Rafting Adventure Philippines
#86 Jongko Bldg. Arch. Hayes Street, CDO
Phone: (088) 857-1200
They offer various packages depending on how extreme the adventure you want. We chose the Advance course which would last for almost 3 1/2 hour of Kagay Whitewater Rafting.
See below sample packages and rates:
Run and Rates
1. Beginners Course P700 / head
- ( 3hrs. Actual River Run ) 14 Rapids
- Class I-II Minimum of 6 pax
2. Advance Course P1000 / head
- ( 4hrs. Actual River Run ) 24 Rapids
- Class II-IV Minimum of 6 pax
3. Experts I Course P1200 / head
- ( 2hrs. Actual River Run ) 14 Rapids
- Class III Minimum of 6 pax
- Jeepney transfer from City Tourism Showhaus, DV-Soria or at your Hotel within city proper to Put-in
- From Take-out back to the City.
- Helmets, life vests and paddles will be provided.
- Pictures 350/CD for Basic or Experts Course, P450/CD for Advance Course.
- Video P1000
- Lunch P180 / head
- Caving/Spelunking P1200 / head Minimum of 6 pax
Passengers will be picked up at pre-arranged venue w/in the city free of charge. They pick up us at the hotel and travel around 30 minutes to the drop off site. Equipment like paddles, helmets, life vest, dry bags and watertight containers are provided. Upon arriving at the site, Kuya Aries demonstrate and teach us some basic points while facing the roaring rapids. It is important to note: FORWARD.BACKWARD.HIGH FIVE! Paddle Hard!
At first, you may feel very nervous but it would definitely vanish because you can feel that the guide could take good care of your safety. Kuya guide is very funny and always crack jokes that’s why you can feel the enjoyment and be entertained. The advance course is more exciting as it has less still water than the Basic course. We fall off and flip numerous times! It is very struggling moment but this also made our white water rafting experience very memorable. Remember to paddle hard! You would absolutely enjoy the rapids. There would be also souvenir pictures taken by another Kuya riding in a kayak. I even experienced riding in Kayak while conquering the wild rapids. Woooooo!
This is a great adventure that one could not forget. It feels so amazing to survive the great rapids along the Cagayan River! This one should never be missed!